Professionals to Communities
- AHEC clinical placements put health professions students in real world settings: migrant, urban, rural, community health clinics and health departments working with underserved populations.
- Students who participate in AHEC Service Learning programs develop an awareness of the economic and cultural barriers in healthcare delivery.
- AHEC is uniquely qualified to facilitate clinical placements because of its linkages to local healthcare resources and organizations.
- Health profession students who participate in AHEC-sponsored clinical placements have a better understanding of the complex needs of underserved communities.
- These students are motivated to provide additional services and to practice in underserved areas following their training